REGENERATIVE AND RECUPERATIVE FURNACE
Our long experience in the field and perfect knowledge of production processes allow our engineers to professionally cope with all projects, resulting in the optimization of the preparation and presentation times needed for the technical/commercial proposal.
The expertise acquired throughout the years and the big number of fully-functioning plants installed allow BDF Industries to offer new and innovative solutions when it comes to implementing plant engineering projects.
Not only does our Group supply turn-key plant solutions, but our commitment and responsibility is from the beginning to the stage we are there to start the plant ourselves.
Thanks to our internal division, the BDF Industries share not only the technological know-how and a big push for innovation, but also expertise, enthusiasm and a deep sense of belonging that makes it possible to understand and satisfy the requirements of the Hollow Glass Maker.
In Regenerative Furnace, air preheating is achieved by two regenerators chambers. The chambers are filled with layers of refractory checkers, arranged in offset position.
The exhaust from the furnace and the cold combustion air are passed, alternately, through one and other chambers for a certain period of time.
The checkers, heated by hot waste gases, releases the accumulated heat allowing to reach a high temperature typically 1300° C to the combustion air.
In Recuperative Furnace, air preheating is achieved by the heat exchange from the exhaust to the combustion air by means of metal recuperator.
The exhaust pass through a metal heat exchanger and transmit the heat to the combustion air.
To increase the air temperature, the recuperator may be configurate in a double stage reaching 750°C typically. The preheated air is conveyed to the burner by metallic ducts, where it matches the fuel developing the flame.
The system is composed with:
- Tubes in stainless steel.
- Casing of the tube cage made of carbon steel, internally lined with ceramic fibre+rock wool.
- Double shell recuperator internal plate made of stainless steel.
- Air intermediate duct made of carbon steel.
- External insulation of the double shell recuperator and of the intermediate duct with rock wool finished with galvanised plate.
- Air inlet and outlet flanged connections.
- Tightness test in our workshop
- Low furnace energy consumption
- High furnace pull
- Low NOx emissions
- Best glass quality
- Best furnace operation to assure minimum operating costs at fixed glass quality
- High furnace lifetime in terms of metric tons/m2