ENERGY TOWER CONCEPT WITH LOW FOOT PRINT IMPACT SUITABLE FOR GLASS MANUFACTURING PLANT
• No interference with the furnace processes
• Important annual energy savings
• Electricity production
• Small Installation area required
• Quick payback is possible
• No media high pressure involved in the process
• Well known technology
• 20 years lifetime technology
• BDF technology is fully suitable and tested for glass manufacturing plant
• BDF patented system to prevent heat exchanger from fouling
• Possible integration with other BDF Industries products
LFP (low foot print)
BDF has developed this Energy tower concept to reduced the required installation area for the glass plant.
Compressed air production
It is possible for BDF to generate compressed air with the same plant.
This could be useful for payback reason in some countries.
HOT WATER PRODUCTION
This is BDF basic solution for enthalpy recovery.
Heat exchanger could easy generate an high amount of steam of hot water.
Short payback time, high efficiency.
Some uses for this hot water/steam are:
• Office heating
• District heating
• Sanitary water
• Food industry usage
• Cullet washing
• Steam industrial usage
CHILLED WATER PRODUCTION
By using absorption unit is possible
to exploit the heat in the fumes to produce chilled water.
Absorption unit technology can determines the chilled water temperature,
4-5 °C for Br-Li or 0°C from ammonia based absorption unit.
The chilled water can be used for:
• Air conditioning
• Food industry
• Store temperature control
• Cooling for IS cooling system
Br-Li absorption unit need heat exchanger
and evaporating tower installation to operate.
COGENERATION TRIGENERATION OPTION
BDF can offers the combination between electricity generation, hot water and chilled water production. In this way is possible to boost the payback.
Using electricity, steam and chilled water produced in your own plant can reduce moreover the payback time. For these reasons the bigger investment in installation costs could bring to a shorter payback than a normal Energy tower solution.
Other option that BDF engineering can offer are:
• Distillation unit to produce distilled water exploiting the heat in the fumes.
• Seawater cooling system that can produce bags of salt ready for selling.